Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions 3 Step System Review

Since I wrote my last post about La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo I have fallen for something else. It started when the Effaclar just seemed to stop improving the state of my skin. It worked so well for the first two months, but then it was like my skin became immune to it, and the there was no sign of further improvement. Needless to say I was disappointed because I was so close yet so far away. I thought I had found the holy grail acne cure! So after some soul searching (jk) and a tear or two, I began my search for a new product to rid me of my acne.

This is where my obsession with all things Clinique comes in. I love everything about them, from the packaging to the products themselves (those I have tried anyway). While browsing their site and adding a million things to my wishlist I saw the '3 step anti blemish solutions kit'. The site says 'If it doesn't require a dermatologist, all you need is Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions' which sounded good to me. I then consulted YouTube (obvs) where various vloggers informed me that the 3 step products had rid them of their acne. I was sold.


Step number one is a cleansing foam which you apply to a damp face and rub in gently, it is light and easily applied. It is designed to prep the skin for the next step.

Step one: cleansing foam

Step two is what Clinique call exfoliating but what I have always known as toning. This bottle has powder at the bottom which you must shake quite vigorously to mix with the liquid, apply this step with a cotton pad sweeping all over the face and concentrating on the most troublesome areas. I usually give my face a good rub using an exfoliating cotton pad.


Step two: exfoliate

Step three is an oil -free moisturizer which you apply all over. The moisturizer feels luxurious, this is the most high end moisturizer I have tried so I don't have much to compare it to but compared to cheaper drugstore brands it is lovely. 

Step three: moisturize

One of my favorite things about these products is they cause very minimal dryness if any at all which most other serious acne treatments tend to. i have been using these for nearly a month and things are going well so far. My skin is more even and brighter looking. The exfoliating step really works hard to remove all the dead skin etc. from your face revealing the brand new skin beneath. 

The sales assistant told me that you have be religious about using the system morning and evening every day for the best results, she also said the products should last around three months. I bought the bigger sized individual bottles not the smaller sized bottles i.e. the starter kit. They cost around €70 altogether which is fairly pricey but I'll give my left arm if something works at this stage.

I am definitely not there yet, but I really like this system and I have seen more of an improvement than I ever had with Effaclar duo so I am persisting and hoping for the best!

Have you ever tried the three step system? Leave me and comment and let me know your the thoughts on the range xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment